Quotes and Bible Verses to encourage you during tough times.

The sea waters are a fitting way to describe life. One minute you're enjoying the calm breeze and staring out at the beautiful horizon. However, there are days when the when huge waves, which threaten to force you under, populate the sea, and the water becomes too much for you to handle. In like manner, our lives might have periods when we are able to enjoy the horizon. However, there are days when waves beat us around and we lose control and might even start to sink to the seabed. It is during these times that we need to be constantly encouraged by God’s love and, believe that no matter how hard life may seem he will protect us and provide for us. So, whenever we find yourself being tossed around by huge waves in this sea of life, here are twenty six of bible verses and a few quotes to remind us that you that we will be able to swim in the rough waters and with faith we will stay afloat despite the unwelcoming waters: 



“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, also believe in me.” John 14:1

“The Lord is our protector and glorious king, blessing us with kindness and honour. He does not refuse any good thing to those who do what is right.” Psalms 84:11 [GNT]

“For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the Lord the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil to give you an expected end.” Jeremiah 29:11

“But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31

“Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest.” Joshua 1:9

“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” John 14:27




“When thou passeth through the waters, I will be with thee, and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned ; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.” Isaiah 43:2

“For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.” 2 Corinthians 4:17

“Be still and know that I am God.” Psalms 46:10

“I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ gives me.” Philippians 4:13 [GNT]

“Come to me, all of you who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke and put it on you and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in spirit; and you will find rest. For the yoke I will give you is easy, and the load I will put on you is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 [GNT]

“The joy that the Lord gives you will make you strong.” Nehemiah 8:10 [GNT]

“The Lord is near to those who are discouraged; he saves those who have lost all hope.” Psalms 34:18




“I will show love to those who were called ‘Unloved’.” Hosea 2:23

“The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.” Psalms 28:7

“Leave all your worries with Him, because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7 [GNT]

“I consider that what we suffer at this present time cannot be compared at all with the glory that is going to be revealed to us.” Romans 8:18 [GNT]

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” Psalms 46:1

“We have fallen, but we will rise again. We are in darkness now, but the Lord will give us light.” Micah 7:8 [GNT]




“Seek your happiness in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desire.” Psalm 37:4 [GNT]

“I think of it constantly and my spirit is depressed. Yet hope returns when I remember this one thing: the Lord’s unfailing love and mercy still continue, fresh as the morning, as sure as the sunrise. The Lord is all I have, and so I put my hope in him.” Lamentations 3:20-24

“And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.” Revelation 21:4

“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6

“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7

“For with God nothing shall be impossible.” Luke 1:37 [GNT]

“I will refresh those who are weary and will satisfy with food everyone who is weak from hunger.” Jeremiah 31:25 [GNT]




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four easy steps to do when you're not feeling motivated

Ten (10) ideas for relaxing